Charlie Munger is a successful American businessman and investor who is known for his wisdom and wit. Here are some of his best quotes according to the web:
- “It takes character to sit with all that cash and to do nothing. I didn’t get to the top where I am by going after mediocre opportunities.”
- “Not everybody can learn everything. No matter how hard you try, there is always some guy or girl who achieves more. My attitude is, so what? Does any of us need to be at the very top of the whole world?”
- “It is remarkable how much long-term advantage people like us have gotten by trying to be consistently not stupid, instead of trying to be very intelligent.”
- “Our job is to find a few intelligent things to do, not to keep up with every damn thing in the world.”
- “The big money is not in the buying and selling … but in the waiting.”
Who is Charlie Munger?
Charlie Munger is an American businessman, investor and philanthropist who is best known as the vice chairman and second-in-command of Berkshire Hathaway, a diversified conglomerate controlled by Warren Buffett, one of the world’s richest and most successful investors. Munger is also the chairman of the Daily Journal Corporation, a newspaper publisher, and a director of Costco Wholesale Corporation, a retail giant. Munger is widely respected for his wisdom, wit and insights on business, investing, psychology and life. He has a net worth of about $3.1 billion as of December 2021.